Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mazel Tov, Joseph!

This weekend I had the privilege of witnessing my nephew Joseph become a Bar Mitzvah. He did a magnificent job and I am so proud of the impressive young man he has become! And I suppose I must forgive him for suddenly being taller than his Aunt Carolyn.

jm-barmitzvah-book-closedThe prayer shawl he wore was a beautiful burgundy/black iridescent silk, so I wanted the packaging for his gift to tie in with the colors. I borrowed Nichole’s Bank Book & Box idea and did it in Scarlet Jewel and Brushed Gold.

jm-barmitzvah-book-open This is an awesome way to package up a gift of cash, but you could also slip a check into the gold cord instead.

Anyhow, it was a wonderful weekend filled with lots of family and lots of food! And I’m sure Joseph (and his mother) is glad it’s all over with!

CMsignature

What I used:
Stamps: PTI Mazel Tov
Ink: Memento Black, Versamark, Copic markers
Paper: SU Brushed Gold, PTI Scarlet Jewel & Vintage Cream
Other: gold embossing powder, gold satin ribbon, gold cord,
gold brads, Nestabilities,

3 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Wow! This came out beautifully! Really gorgeous!

whoistracy said...

Just awesome!! Congrats to your nephew.

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Gorgeous!!! Y and I was trying to find a nice card to send to Joseph and there really isn't much available at the store. Literally two designs. This is so unique and handmade with love. Sorry we missed the festivities (my family lives in the same town too!) See you in Dec!!