Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lattice to die for

I went a little die-cut crazy on this one. And punch-drunk. First, I have to say that the color scheme on this card was inspired by a phone conversation the other night with my oldest daughter, who told me she’s decorating her home office/guest room in grey and yellow with a splash of aqua. It started my wheels spinning…

grey-lattice-butterfliesThe lattice look is achieved by cutting 4 of the Memory Box Tessatina border die strips and adhering them to a piece of medium grey cardstock. I did this with a foam brush and some decoupage glue. That’s mounted on a layer of yellow, and then onto a dark grey card.

A piece of aqua ruffled lace (very cool stuff – it’s elastic) is attached across the bottom. I die-cut a fancy tag and airbrushed it with my BG23 Copic marker to match the lace. A couple of punched yellow butterflies and a little yellow bling on the tag finishes it off. The greeting is from the Good Friends stamp set by Hero Arts, which I think is going to become one of my favorites. I just love the font and the touching sentiments. The Tessatina die, the lace and the stamp set are all available at i {heart} papers.

Hope you’re all enjoying your weekend. I’m doing a lot of cleaning and a little crafting. I really need to get outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather here!

CMsignature

1 comment:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! So pretty and elegant!! That Tessatina Border Die sure is versatile . . . you've utilized it here beautifully!!