Saturday, June 2, 2012

Look, Ma -- no coloring!

Not a bit! And no bling, and no ribbon! But I did use the same simple layout and the same dies as the last card I posted. And more supplies from i {heart} papers.
new-baby-clothesline I just love that Floral Ovals die from Spellbinders. Apparently lots of others do too, because Kate keeps selling out of it! This time I used one of the Large Ovals dies to cut it into a frame. Then I used one of the Small Ovals dies to cut a hole in the rose cardstock layer (hint: temporarily adhere the frame to the layer, place the smaller die inside, and run the whole thing through the Big Shot for perfect placement!).

I lightly traced the oval cutout onto the white base card for easy placement of the stamped image. These stamps are from On the Line, by Gourmet Rubber Stamps. (hint: erase the pencil marks after the ink is dry, and before you assemble the card – don’t ask.) I paper-pieced the little baby clothes with papers from the Basic Grey Konnichiwa 6x6 pad. The rose layer is then attached to the base with foam dots.

Hope you like the card, and that you find the hints helpful. Someone should learn from my mistakes, since I seem not to!

CMsignature

2 comments:

Holly said...

I adore it! Great job on this card!! TFS the details and tips ;)

Morgan said...

This is beautiful...you have such a keen eye for design! I love it!