Tuesday, January 15, 2013

IHP DT January Challenge: Sweetened Tones

IHPjan13DTThis month our challenge coordinator, Deb, gave us a yummy color inspiration (below) to work with. As you can see above, I took that frosting quite literally. I didn’t get all the colors exactly, and my photography skills don’t quite capture them correctly anyway – in real life the colors are softer. But I’m a sucker for a sweet cupcake, so I couldn’t resist using this Cupcake stamp from Gourmet Rubber Stamps. The cupcake and greeting are all on one stamp, so there’s no fussy aligning to do.

SweetenedTones

I colored it with my Copic markers and went over the sprinkles with various colored Stickles. The image, and the dot-embossed strip, are cut with Nestabilities dies. The image circle is popped up on foam dots. And just to carry the dot theme a little further, I made dots of the same Stickles along the left side of the card.

I can’t wait to see what the rest of the Design Team did with this sweet inspiration. Why don’t you hop along with me and check them out?

Have a sweet day!

CMsignature

4 comments:

Deb said...

Adorable, Carolyn! I love the Stickles "sprinkles!"

Judy Rozema said...

Super cute! Just so perfect for the Design Seeds photo~! Looks yummy~

whoistracy said...

Great idea to use stickles for the colors!!! This is so cute.

Gretchen said...

Cute, cute! The stickles are a hit!!