Saturday, October 1, 2011

In honor of WCMD

Here are a couple of cards I made for World Card Making Day using goodies that I got from i {heart} papers.

A little back-story about my card making: Long before she started i {heart} papers, Kate was my first real introduction to card making, waaaay back when I contacted her to hold a SU workshop for me. She quickly thereafter became my upline, and now, all these many years later, she is one of my dearest friends and I hold her singly responsible for all the money I’ve spent on papercrafting stuff, as well as for all of the many wonderful friends I’ve made through the craft. She runs a rockin’ good business, and I’m so proud to be even a marginal part of it.

Anyhoo. This first card uses the stamp set Chubby Chums, and paper from the Sweet Owl paper pad. That pad is so full of gorgeous papers with all kinds of glittery and shiny goodness. Love it! pink-woo-hooAs you can see, I did some fussy cutting on this one. After I stamped the image on the patterned paper and colored it with a few Copic markers, I cut out the eyeballs separately and attached them. I popped the image up on a Fleur de Lis Pendant piece. There’s a strip of Fuchsia Faux Suede ribbon behind it.

The next card is great for using up scraps of paper. fine-and-dandy-birthday-tieThese papers are all from the Fine & Dandy True Blue pad by My Mind’s Eye, which I don’t see in stock at the moment, but any coordinating papers would do as well. I cut the edges with the Long Classic Rectangles Nestabilities to get the small scalloped shape I wanted. Some punched stars highlight the stars in one of the papers, and they’re blinged up with clear Kaiser Craft rhinestones.

We’ll see if I can get any more card making done today. Stay tuned!

CMsignature

No comments: