Friday, February 6, 2009

Peony Butterfly

Yikes! It's been a rough week or two, and I'm glad to be back at my table doing something creative! I continue in my mission of building up my stash of non-cupcake birthday cards. Not that there's anything wrong with cupcake cards — it's just that there's a woman at work who likes to buy my cards, and her friends are just not the cupcake type. Whatever...

Anyhow, I hope you're not going to get tired of seeing butterflies here, because I have plans for LOTS of butterflies. They make me think about summertime, and I am SO over winter! And I just needed to use some of the new goodies I got (after my package took a scenic tour through NYC courtesy of USPS) from Kate at i {heart} papers.

Now, looking at this card, you might think that I die-cut the butterfly out of the pretty paper I used at the bottom. Uh-uh. It came as part of a sheet that's full of go-jus assorted die-cut butterflies that all coordinate with the yummy Amy Butler Tea Box Specialty Paper Pack that's currently ON SALE (!) at i {heart} papers. And guess what! The Pink Stickles that I outlined that pretty butterfly with perfectly match the pink metallic string in Kate's store.

I freehand cut the swirl in the peony paper, and then glued the pink metallic string along the contour. If I could do this card over, I would definitely add some kind of subtle pattern or texture to the brown cardstock, but it is what it is!

What I used:
Stamps: PTI Birthday Basics
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber
Paper: Amy Butler Tea Box Specialty Paper Pack, Tea Box Butterflies Die-Cut Paper, SU! Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla
Other: Pink Stickles, pink metallic string, SU! oval punches, bling (can't remember where it came from!)


1 comment:

i {heart} papers said...

Oh!!! Very pretty!!! I think I might need a sheet of those die-cuts.