Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hi there!

Wow, making this card was like being in labor for 6 hours. That's how long it actually took me to figure out what I was doing and get it done! You know when you have "kind of a concept" but have no idea how you're going to do with it? Different kind of pain, but pain nonetheless.

I have a BUNCH of stuff from i [heart] papers that I haven't gotten around to using yet (go figure). Anyhow, I knew I wanted to use this bright and happy It's Raining paper set from Piggy Tales, and I knew that I wanted to use this Froggy stamp with it. The rest just kind of evolved.

Now the cool thing about this paper collection is that it comes with all kinds of coordinating "stuff." Rub-ons, letter stickers, and these very cool frames they call "barn doors." There are 2 sheets of them, in all the various colors and patterns used in the papers, and different shapes and sizes. So at first glance, this card doesn't look like much. But when you open the secret door (which I raised up on foam dimensionals), WOW!

I used lots of techniques with the froggy. He's colored with Copic markers, and then dotted with the colorless blender to give him the textured spots. I also went to town with my Sakura Glaze pens. All those yellow dots and his smile are glossy. So is the leaf he's sitting on. I added some Glossy Accents on his eyes, which are punched out and glued on top of the image for a little dimension. I masked the leaf so froggy could sit on it, and then I masked the whole thing so I could airbrush it while it was stll nestled in its Nestability after cutting and embossing the circle. The top portion is airbrushed with blue, and the bottom with aqua. I then used that colorless blender to make a few ripples in the water, and went over them with my Spica glitter pen. Oh yeah, momma went to town with this little froggy!

What I used:
Stamps: Froggy (Hero Arts), Mega Mixed Messages (PTI), Garden of Life (PTI)
Ink: Memento black, PTI Lemon Tart, Copic markers
Paper: It's Raining, It's Pouring (Piggy Tales), Yoyo Yellow, Cool Caribbean, Brilliant Blue, Glorious Green (SU!)
Other: Nestabilities, SU! circle punches, Prima flowers, SU! mini brads


Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

No comments: