Saturday, March 28, 2009

Love these monkeys!!!

OK, don't get too excited just because I'm posting 2 days in a row. I don't expect it to happen too often, unfortunately. I got 2 challenges out of one card this time! The first is Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge, and the second is Taylor's Cupcake Challenge.

The colors were just so fresh and wonderful that I couldn't wait to use them together, and I thought my new Changito monkeys would be fun to use with it. This set that I just got from Kate at i {heart} papers has the monkeys holding the empty sign, and LOTS of different words to put inside it!

I used my Copics to color the image, and to airbrush the teal flower and the brown brad in the center. Unfortunately, my Memento ink seems to have disappeared under a pile of "stuff" somewhere, so I used Versafine instead, and it didn't hold up to the Copics quite as well.

What I used:
Stamps: Changito Notes
Ink: Versafine black, Copic markers
Paper: PTI White, Certainly Celery, Taken With Teal, Chocolate Chip
Other: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, flowers, brad


8 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Cute!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun monkeys!! Way to go on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Meda said...

How Sweet!
Since you have used a cuttlebug folder I was wondering if you wanted to win some more. The Cuttlebug Challenge Blog has a great Cuttlebug Party with lots of prizez and a snippet from Provo Craft.
Meda

Martina said...

The monkeys are very funny!

danni reid. said...

♥ monkeys & this is ADORABLE!

Andrea said...

so cute.

Natasha said...

Absolutely adorable!

Gwen said...

Awww...so stinkin' cute!!! beautiful job with the colors & the sketch!!