Friday, March 27, 2009

A Special Card for a Special Person

I spent more time on this card than I usually do these days. Partly because I started without a real plan, using a product I never had before, and partly because it needed to be special. It's for someone who's facing a bit of a challenge right now, and who needs a little extra-special love.

I used some new goodies I just got from Kate at i {heart} papers. That beautiful, delicate patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Porcelain pad. And the exquisite curves and piercing are courtesy of the Spellbinders Ric Rac Scalloped Pierceabilities. It was very easy to use, and I used it every which way I could. I cut, embossed and pierced the bottom edge of the card front, and used it as a stencil to sponge some color onto the embossed areas. Then I used the edge of it to cut the patterned paper so it would fit right up against the top edge of the design. The front of the card actually ends at the white scalloped edge, which I sponged a little to define. The patterned paper at the bottom is actually a strip on the bottom of the inside of the card.

I used the Ribbon Tags Trio Nestabilities to cut the sentiment, again using the die as a mask for sponging, and further sponging the edges for a little contrast.

What I used:
Stamps: Damask Designs (PTI)
Ink: Always Artichoke (SU)
Paper: PTI White, Basic Grey Porcelain 6x6 pad, Mellow Moss
Other: Ric Rac Scalloped Pierceabilities, Ribbon Tags Trio, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, New Leaf satin ribbon (PTI)
, bling

Have a wonderful weekend, and show a little extra love to someone special.

3 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Ooh!!! Pretty!!!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card, love seeing the Pierceabilities being used too! Thanks for sharing!

brochure printing said...

Nice and very gorgeous card, love the designed and its coloring combination. The stamp set is one of my favorite. This card is beautiful and special because you are so special and creative. Very well ribbon style which are used the card, I like it. Thanks for sharing with us!