Sunday, August 9, 2009

Today’s the day!!!

Today is the official launch of i {heart} papers’ new, exclusive line of stamps by Chicken Girl Design!!! Designed by Jannie Ho, a very talented children’s book illustrator (you’ve probably read some of the books she’s illustrated to your kids), these stamps are made of high quality photopolymer and are so much fun to use! Kate and the CGD design team have been posting sneak peeks of cards made with the first 2 sets being introduced today (there are more on the way!), and here’s your look at the complete sets:

Hugs from a Bug

hugs-from-a-bug 

Into the Forest

into-the-forest

Adorable, yes?!!!

Chicken Girl Design stamps have their own IHP design team, and I hear there’s some blog candy (can you say “free sets”?) to be found on their sites over the next couple of weeks, as well as awesome samples using these new stamps. Go check them out:

Lori
Meredith
Natasha
Shelly
Shannon
Judy
Tammy
Kendra
Loretta

Kate is giving away a free set, so check out her blog, too!

Now, I’m not technically part of that design team, but I couldn’t wait to get my hands on these stamps and start playing.

cgd-forest2 cgd-forest1

Both of these use Into the Forest. Look at the face on the squirrel! And that tree just begs to be paper-pieced. The first card uses the Basic Grey Porcelain 6x6 pad, and the second one uses Wisteria. I used my Nestabilities to cut and mask the image squares. Copic markers were used to color and airbrush.

BTW, sorry for the poor quality photos of these cards. Of course I waited until today to photograph them, and there’s absolutely no suitable sunlight to be found in Brooklyn. I’d use my photo box and lights, but I can’t find a big enough empty surface to set it up on, so I had to resort to scanning. I really do need to clear off at least part of my table!

Off to play again!

CMsignature

No comments: