Friday, September 18, 2009

Lookie what my Dad made me!!!

One day last month, during a slow day at work, I was pondering how I was ever going to make my 1 bedroom apartment presentable again, what with the incredibly large and growing collection of paper crafting supplies I've accumulated in the last several years. It is completely taking over my living/dining room! I sketched out an idea for a ribbon storage rack and sent my dad, who is fond of building things, an e-mail describing my concept and asking if he would build it for me. After discussing measurements, my sweet daddy-o said he'd "work it up in CAD" (it's nice to have a dad who's a retired engineer!), and a couple of weeks later he had this fabulous piece ready for me. I painted it last weekend, and finally got it hung today. Isn't it awesome?!!! (For some reason the camera lens made it look like it was not perfectly squared, but believe me, it is!)

While my SU! ribbons are, for the most part, neatly stored away in SU! ribbon keepers, my collection of Papertrey Ink ribbons was getting way out of hand. I also needed someplace to keep my ever-expanding collection of PTI stamp sets. This unit is 2' wide by 3' high, and it's appalling to me that it's already almost filled up! I still have a big drawer full of miscellaneous ribbons that I don't dare put in here for fear of not having room for whatever new colors PTI comes out with.

I really need get a handle on storing all my stuff. I think it's time for me to start getting rid of some of the stuff that I've never even used and am not likely to use {shudder}. I might even give some of it away as blog candy, since my first blogaversary is coming up next month. Hmmmm...that might be fun! What do you think?

3 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Ohh! It looks nice all filled up like that. Now, where's the second one going to go once this is filled up?

whoistracy said...

How cool!! I wish my dad was handy. LOL Love your new little shelf- now you'll need to fill it up!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

that is fabulous!!