Saturday, September 5, 2009

RU Square?

OK, lame title for a blog post. I just couldn’t come up with anything catchy to use for the theme of this, whautumn-pitcher-BDich is using 4” squares of patterned paper for an easy layout. I was inspired by Michelle Wooderson and her blog Mish Mash. Long ago she posted about how she likes to cut her 12” papers up into 4” squares to use variations of this layout, and I find I fall back on it often. Here are 2 cards I made last weekend using it.

 bloom-cupcake-BDAs I’m sure I’ve mentioned, I love coloring, and sometimes I sit and color images just to relax. If I’m smart, I pick a piece of patterned paper FIRST, so I can pull my colors for the image from the paper. Many times I have been stuck looking at a colored image and realizing I have NO matching paper for it!

 

What I used:
(top card)
Stamps: PTI Autumn Abundance & Floral Fusion
Ink: Memento Black, Copic markers
Paper: PTI White, Basic Grey
Marrakech pad
Other: SU! ribbon,
Nestabilities

(bottom card)
Stamps: Unity August KOM, PTI Floral Fusion
Ink: Memento Black, Copic markers
Paper: PTI White,
MME Bloom collection
Other: PTI ribbon, Liquid Pearls, Nestabilities, clear adhesive rhinestones

Both of these cards went out to birthday girls this week. Hope they enjoyed them!

CMsignature

No comments: