Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Eat, Drink & Be Merry (an IHP challenge)

This month our DT Challenge Coordinator (Deb) gave us sort of a double challenge — we had to use one of the new My Mind’s Eye collection kits, and whatever we made with it had to have something to do with “Eat, Drink & Be Merry.”

eat-drink-merry-challenge I interpreted this as being anything to do with a party, so I used a sheet of the adorable paper from the Love Me Do collection kit and made a party popper favor and a cupcake wrapper (using the Bigz Perfect Settings die from SU!). You can see that the paper is double-sided, so it was perfect for this. The yellow tissue paper was the only color I had laying around at the moment (how lucky was I?), and the ends of the favor are tied with Red 1/4” Glimmer Ribbon. The favor itself, of course, is made from an empty TP roll. (And yes, I made the cupcake – several actually!)

Both pieces are super-easy. Just because this kit is intended for Valentine’s Day doesn’t limit you to that one occasion! Can’t you just see a whole table decorated with coordinating favors and cupcakes for a birthday party?

Do you have any “Eat, Drink & Be Merry” ideas to share? Join the challenge, and let me know! If you post it in a gallery, use the keyword ihp1209 so we can find it.

And check out the rest of the design team to see how they met the challenge:

Amber
Cathleen
Deb
Gretchen
Kate
Kendra
Lori
Lynn
Megan
Merry
Tracy (check hers a little later – around 11am)

Have a great day!

CMsignature

9 comments:

Kendra said...

OMW ~ total CUTENESS! Your projects are fabulous!

i {heart} papers said...

Ha! We used the same sheet of paper! Great minds!! This is adorable!

Deb said...

LOVE this Carolyn! The poppers are such a fun party favor, and that cupcake...well, YUM! I love this beautiful presentation! Fabulous!

Megan said...

YUM!! I want that cupcake!! :) I love the set you made.

Cathleen said...

Oooooo! I thought the cupcake was from the cupcake truck guy...that looks so yummy!

whoistracy said...

Oh my gosh, now I want a cupcake, thanks a lot! LOL This is adorable Carolyn!

Merry said...

love this!!!! Such a cute and fun project....and now I *need* a cupcake-thanks ;-)

Lori said...

These are fabulous, Carolyn--perfect table settings for a party! What a yummy looking cupcake, too!

Gretchen said...

What a great little set! Mmm the cupcake looks yummy!!