Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm back! (sort of)

Well, my computer is still not working, but I've found a reasonably good work-around that will let me post pictures on my blog. I can use the USB cable to get the photos from my camera to the little loaner netbook I'm using, but the problem was the image editing. A little light bulb went off in my head the other day and I looked for -- and found -- a few sites that have online image editing! You upload your photo to the site, do the editing there, and save it back to your computer (or wherever you're saving it to). However, I had trouble with all three that I found, and ended up with a big headache, and ultimately had to work with the very rudimentary Paint program that lives on this Linux machine.

So without further ado, here's a card I'm just so happy with that I couldn't stop looking at it when it was done. I used one of the sweet Pure Innocence images.
All the patterned papers are from the Early Bird paper pack (which I got from Kate at i {heart} papers, but she appears to be out of it), including what I used to paper-piece the dress. You can't see it in this photo, but I used my Sakura Glaze pen to make the black shoes shiny, and there's Glossy Accents on the balloon. The ribbon is from Papertrey.

Hopefully my computer will be back in action soon. In the meantime, I will keep trying to get adequate results with what I have. Please be patient :-)

Carolyn

1 comment:

whoistracy said...

These images are so sweet- I'm tempted to buy one!!