Sunday, June 20, 2010

For an Inspiring Graduate

I may have mentioned that I work at a college. I come in contact with all kinds of students on a daily basis, but I have had the privilege of becoming friendly with one who really stands out. Lorinda is no spring chicken; I know she has a grown son. She has battled almost every kind of challenge, health and otherwise, that you can think of, including two bouts with cancer. Yet she has the most positive, infectiously joyous attitude of anyone I have ever met. She’s an inspiration to everyone she meets. She is my biggest cheerleader in my weight loss journey, swearing she sees changes that even I can’t see.

And she is graduating today – magna cum laude.

lorinda-graduationThis card is simple, but it says everything it needs to say, and it sparkles – just like she does.

The cap is from the set For the Graduate, and the sentiment from Signature Greetings, both by Papertrey Ink. The trailing rhinestones are a piece of a Zva Creative flourish from i {heart} papers. There’s another rhinestone in the center of the cap. I cut the panel a little smaller than the card front and scored it 1/4” on all sides with my Scor-it board.

I’m so proud of her huge accomplishment – even prouder that she’s going on for her Master’s degree in the fall. I wish her all the happiness in the world. But I’m really gonna miss her…

CMsignature

No comments: