Tuesday, June 15, 2010

IHP June DT Challenge: Getting “Krafty”

[BE SURE TO READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO SEE SOME EXCITING NEWS!]

The challenge this month was to use one of the Kraft patterned papers that Kate has in the store. There are plenty of them, and I decided to use the Life Stories Collection 2 Pack by My Mind’s Eye. Pretty roses, huh?

IHPjuneDTWell, you might have noticed that I don’t use Kraft very often. And oh brother (sister), did I ever struggle with this challenge! I played around with an idea I had for 2 weeks and couldn’t make it work. Finally, I had to just toss it and start over again. I used the FTL#94 from Clean & Simple Stamping for my layout.

The focal piece is actually the back of one of the tags that comes with the collection. I messed up the front. Yeah, this was THAT kind of card. I stamped the rose leaves from the Hero Arts set Leaf Prints on the tag, and also on a scrap piece of Kraft paper, with Ripe Avocado ink. I cut the leaves out of the scrap piece and glued them onto the tag. The rose is from an ooooold package of Martha Stewart stickers that have been sitting in my stash for about a century. It was pink, and I airbrushed it burgundy with one of my Copic markers.

I took a length of red crepe ribbon and sprayed it with a brownish Copic marker to bring it a little closer to the color in the paper. Then I ruffled it behind the circle and sprayed some of the same brownish color around the edge to “dirty it up” a little. I don’t know why. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

The greeting is from the Mint Motif set Very Square Sentiments, available only from i {heart} papers.

And speaking of stamps available exclusively from i {heart} papers (here comes the big news), tomorrow begins sneak peeks of the latest Petal Press set called Summer Garden. The Petal Press is BACK (after a brief hiatus) and this new set is the perfect summer set! It’s sweet and elegant and even coordinates with some elements from Happy Harvest

With the new release comes some new DT faces. They will all have sneak peek samples tomorrow and there will be blog candy up for grabs, so be sure to stop by and comment on all of their blogs for your multiple chances to win, both tomorrow and on release day, June 23.

Please join me in welcoming (or welcoming back) the team. I hope you stop by tomorrow to see their amazing creations!  (Note: Tracy will have projects posted all week long leading up to the release.)

The Petal Press Design Team:
Amy
Cathleen
Gretchen
Heidi
Julie
Krysten
Natalie
Tiffany
Tracy – designer
Kate

Now go check out the rest of the “regular” IHP Design Team and see how much better they met this challenge than I did:

Cathleen
Deb
Gretchen
Kendra
Loretta
Lori
Lynn
Megan
Tracy (yes, she’s a busy girl!)
Kate

If you read this far, you deserve a prize. Unfortunately, I don’t have one. But if you read this far, you also know how and where you can try for one.    :-)

CMsignature

10 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

I don't know what you are talking about woman...this is a wonderful Kraft card. Love the beautiful flower pattern and that ribbon around your circle....stunning!

seamom said...

I like it too! Stunning!

Gretchen said...

This is a fabulous card! I love the ribbon treatment- great idea!

i {heart} papers said...

You did it! Good job!

Cathleen said...

What are you talking about, this card is fab, I just love the crepe paper treatment and flower!

LorettaL said...

Oh gosh!!!! Carolyn, I love your card. I didn't even see that MME paper and you have done a brilliant job of featuring it!

Megan said...

So pretty. That rose is a great focal image.

Kendra said...

SO BEAUTIFUL! I just love, love, love your card!

whoistracy said...

Well I think this turned out absolutely lovely Carolyn! Even if you don't use kraft often. Love those roses.

Lori said...

This is so pretty, Carolyn! The ribbon around the focal image is the perfect accent for the card.