Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Kate!!!

kate-bd10

You might (or might not) have noticed that I haven’t been posting much lately. Weird thing – I don’t know if it’s the oppressive heat and humidity we’ve been having, or just my own kind of malaise, but I’ve been in a real creative slump for the last few weeks. Somehow, though, I managed to dredge up enough inspiration to make my wonderful friend Kate (of i {heart} papers fame) a birthday card.

I really wanted to use some of this bold, beautiful paper from my stash. It’s from the s.e.i. Black Orchid collection, but I see that Kate only has a few sheets of a different pattern from the collection left in the store. PTI’s Hawaiian Shores paper is a good match for the turquoise, and I’m pretty sure that if I had any of their Chartreuse paper it would have been good. But I don’t. So I took a piece of shimmery white cardstock that was laying nearby and colored it with my YG23 Copic marker and declared it a match. The greeting is also stamped on that shimmery cardstock.

I’m really behind on birthday cards. I owe a lot of people cards, but especially my brother. Every year I make a special card for him with a guitar theme because, well, he’s a gifted musician who plays the electric guitar, and I can’t think of anything that symbolizes him better. And now it just doesn’t seem right to send him a birthday card that’s not a guitar. But this year I sat for literally hours trying to come up with something and ended up with NOTHING. I feel awful about it. Why do we put this kind of pressure on ourselves? Am I the only one who does this? I’m quite sure he’d be happy with anything I sent. I’m still trying to come up with something to send him belatedly.

Oh, I did make one other birthday card for someone special. I made it before the slump hit, but didn’t post it yet. Stay tuned.

Why don’t you hop over to Kate’s blog and wish her a happy birthday!

CMsignature

1 comment:

i {heart} papers said...

Oh! That's pretty! I can't wait to get it. :)