Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Just a quick post with a couple of cards that went out in the mail. Hopefully I timed it right and they get where they’re going on time. With all the mess of reorganizing my craft space the last couple of weeks, I didn’t get as many cards made as I would have liked.

impressed-hearts This card was inspired by one in a PaperCrafts magazine a while back. Can’t put my hands on it right now to give proper credit. The brown layer is run through the Big Shot with an embossing folder and then lightly and carefully stamped with PTI Background Basics:Text Styles. A white eraser took care of the boo-boos that inevitably occurred.

colorblock-valentine This one was inspired by what must have been a recent sketch challenge. Again, I wish I could put my finger on which one, but I can’t at the moment. It’s hard to see, but the pink strips were first stamped with an old SU heart vine background stamp, then run through the Big Shot with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I stamped a piece of darker pink CS with the reverse dots stamp from the Mint Motif set Very Square using Palette Claret ink before I punched it out with a large heart punch. I find that Claret is actually a better match for the PTI Raspberry Fizz CS than their own ink. The words along the bottom, stamped in Palette Charcoal, are from the PTI set Sweet Love.

Hope your day is filled with love.

CMsignature

No comments: