Sunday, September 11, 2011

Not yet, but I’m ready!

No, it’s not fall yet, but there’s a definite hint of what’s to come in the air. I have a love-hate relationship with fall. On one hand, the temperatures are milder, there’s a clean crispness in the air, and my birthday falls smack in the middle of it. On the other hand, it means winter is coming; that alone is enough to make me dread the fall.

Anyhow, while I’ve been taking the last couple of weeks away from card making and revisiting my old hobby of crocheting, summer has definitely slipped away (if not officially, then at least atmospherically). It made me want to revisit my favorite autumnal paper pad that I got from i {heart} papers from last year – SEI’s Moonrise. And the gorgeous embellishments (which Kate still has a couple of in stock) that coordinated with the papers just begged to be used with this week’s Clean & Simple FTL #157 layout.

happy-fall-moonrise While I was digging through my older stuff, I found this Stampendous set called Happy Everything, which is really a little gem (and which Kate also still has in stock). A little snippet of brown satin ribbon finishes it off.

Will I send this card to someone this fall? I’d like to think so, but my track record thus far is not good when it comes to actually putting cards in the mail. Anybody else out there have that problem?

Happy everything,

CMsignature

No comments: