Tuesday, November 15, 2011

IHP Design Team Challenge: SRM Mini Calendar Stickers

This month our Design Team Challenge focuses on a particular product, one that I was very excited to see at CHA this summer: the Mini Calendar Stickers by SRM.

I decided to create a piece of wall art with mine. nov11DTcalendar I have a red accent wall in my dining room, so I made it to coordinate with that. Starting with a 12x12 piece of red cardstock as a base, I cut 2.25” squares (the size of each sticker) of white cardstock, onto which I adhered the calendar stickers, and 2.25” squares of different papers from the Black & White Timeless pad by Kaiser Craft. The first square, with the year, was stamped with numbers from the Mint Motif set, I’ve Got Your Number.

Here’s a close-up of one corner:
nov11DTcalendar-closeup

I found the stickers very easy to work with. They come in two different styles (same size); this is the Decorative Style sheet. I might have to get myself some of the other ones to play with…

To frame it, I found a really reasonable solution at the photo supply store, Adorama. They happen to be a few blocks from my office, but they sell this frame online also, and it’s just over $5. Yes, I said $5! It is a plastic frame (comes in white too, I think) with a glass front. It’s perfect for this, and for displaying treasured scrapbook pages as well.

I can’t wait to see what the rest of the Design Team did with these very cool stickers! Won’t you join me as I hop around?

Thanks for visiting!

CMsignature

7 comments:

Kendra said...

VERY COOL!!!! I love the pop of red!

Deb said...

This is FABULOUS, Carolyn! I love this black, white, and pale gray color scheme with the pop of red! It looks amazing on your bold red wall!

i {heart} papers said...

Awesome!! I can see why you were happy with it!

LorettaL said...

Carolyn, your project is SPECTACULAR!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is fantastic Carolyn. I love the black & white with the pop of red...it's really stunning! Awesome design too.

whoistracy said...

This is a really cool idea! I would have never thought of making a piece of wall art with these stickers. Very clever!

Lori said...

What a great way to show off these stickers! Love how they look with the different black and white patterns and the red outline.