Sunday, September 9, 2012

Summer Strawberries

I know, two posts in one day – go figure. I should have my blogging license revoked, because I sure don’t follow the rules! It seems it’s either feast or famine with me.

Today we’re feasting -- on strawberries. Speaking of which, I will share an embarrassing little secret: There was a summer day, very long ago when my kids were small, that I dropped them all off with a friend so I could indulge in a basket of strawberries all by myself, no sharing! Shameful, huh?

flourishes-strawberries1When I saw the Flourishes Any Which Way Sketch Challenge this week, I couldn't wait to pull out my Strawberries set and get to work on it. Technically, it is still summer, and I’m not letting go of it too easily. There are still strawberries at the fruit store. OK, with today’s global shipping they’re there all year, but still… 

The image is colored with Copic markers (duh), matted on Garden Green cardstock, and popped up on foam dots. I punched a hole on the left side to thread some red herringbone twill ribbon through and tied a bow (haven’t done that in a while!). The card base is covered with red gingham paper from the Simple Stories Summer Fresh pad, and a strip of blue calico print paper (from the same pad) finishes it off. Very summer-in-the-country looking, huh?

I love me some Flourishes stamps when I feel like coloring (which is almost all the time), and I’m so glad that Kate is now carrying them at i {heart} papers.

And I think I’m gonna head out to the fruit store right now!

CMsignature

4 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Carolyn, this has such a wonderful, summery feel to it! Love the colors, papers, and your beautiful coloring! ..and, NO, I don't think it's shameful at all that you enjoyed a basket of strawberries all by yourself! I'll bet they were yummy! Thanks so much for playing along with Flourishes!

Stacy Morgan said...

yummy strawberries, your gingham paper is perfect with them. Great job. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Any which way sketch challenge.

ChristineCreations said...

This is just beautiful! I love the pairings with the paper! Great use of this sketch! :) Fun story too, if I did that my daughter would be so upset - she loves strawberries! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Flourishes!

Colleen Dietrich said...

HI Carolyn, I saw your card in the Winner's Circle today at Flourishes today. I love it! I recognized your name from my early days at Splitcoast, when I would favorite sooooo many of your cards. :) Glad to see you have a blog now, and I'm about to become a follower!