Monday, September 17, 2012

Boo!

It’s only the middle of September, but already the stores are full of Halloween stuff. I just got some new goodies from i {heart} papers, and among them were some fun Halloween papers and embellishments, so I couldn’t help getting into the spirit of things! LOL – spirit – get it?

bootiful-day2

This is a re-take on another card I made back in the spring. Yeah, I totally CASEd myself – not sure if that counts as inspiration or laziness.

Anyhow, this card uses paper from the totally adorable Doodlebug Haunted Manor pad, and one of the cute little Mini Doodlepops – Ghosties stickers. The window was cut with the Small Madison Window die and popped up on Dimensional Dots. I sponged a little white ink in the corner for moonlight. The sentiment is from the Chicken Girl Design set Silly Monsters.

In case you’re wondering, the card base is black. I cut away the orange paper so it would show through the window. And you can’t really see it with my inferior photography and photo editing skills, but the chair rail is scored twice on the Scor-Pal to give it a bit of dimension. And yes, the orange paper is a bit “distressed” because I had to pull it off after I mis-aligned it when I was adhering it the first time. And the second time. Let’s just say it adds a little character.

I am thoroughly enjoying my Monday off (and will also enjoy my Tuesday off tomorrow) by indulging in a little extra crafting time. Hope you find something fun to do today, too!

CMsignature

1 comment:

Lori said...

This is too cute! Love the ghost showing through the window.