Sunday, May 27, 2012

Playing Catch-up (again)

I’ve had these cards photographed and ready to post for weeks. These, and more. But we’ll start with these.

brighter-days-window3

All supplies, other than the cardstock, are from i {heart} papers. This one uses paper from the Basic Grey Plumeria pad. I actually made 3 of these using paper from that pad, as you’ll see below. The window was made with the Memory Box Small Madison Window die, the clouds are made with the Puffy Clouds die. I made the molding by just scoring a strip of white cardstock. The greeting banner was notched by hand; the stamp is from the Mint Motif set Simply Sentiments (exclusive to IHP). The flowers showing through the window are Flower Soft. What you can’t tell from the photo is that the base card is light blue, and the whole “wall” is a separate layer attached with foam dots, with the clouds and flowers glued onto the blue base.

brighter-days-combo 
The next one uses paper from the Kaiser Craft Charlotte’s Dream pad.
perfect The pattern on the peach-y paper is much prettier in real life – it’s shiny embossed. The sentiment on the focal piece, which was cut with the Spellbinders Floral Ovals die, is from the Hero Arts set Good Friends, which I’ve been giving a good workout! The image stamped behind the sentiment is – hmmmm, I honestly can’t remember where I pulled that from. If I find it I’ll come back and fix the post.

Anyhow, it’s embellished with a few pearls, and a few fabric flowers that were trimmed from a strip of the Tim Holtz Lavish trimmings. Now, the trimmings in the package are off-white, but I airbrushed them with a Copic marker to make them match the paper. Magic!

OK folks, that’s enough for now. I’ve got more to share, but you’ll have to wait a bit.

Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!
CMsignature

No comments: