Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bright and Beautiful

Last night I felt like coloring. It’s one of my favorite ways to unwind from a stressful week – something about the focus it requires that just removes you from the rest of the world for a bit.

bright-gerbera-closeup I couldn’t resist this stamp from Taylored Expressions when it came out this month. I LOVE gerbera daisies! I wasn’t feeling terribly imaginative, so I basically colored them the way they were on the package, using a whole mess of Copic markers.
bright-gerbera-daisiesI didn’t stamp a sentiment on it. First, I don’t know what I’m going to use it for, and second, I’m afraid I’ll mess it up if I do. Can you imagine spending hours (yes, hours) coloring and making a card, and then stamping the sentiment crooked or smudged? Done it.

This card just makes me happy, just the way it is! I used stuff I hadn’t touched in a long time, like that border punch, and those cool shiny fuchsia dots that I’ve had in my stash since who knows when. And those bright, beautiful flowers make me smile.

Hope your day is bright and beautiful too!

CMsignature

No comments: