Saturday, January 26, 2013

Love is in the air…

I’m terrible about remembering anniversaries, and even worse about sending cards for them, but there’s an anniversary coming up that I can’t let go by without acknowledging it – my dad and stepmother will be married 40 years next month! They are the cutest couple, always teasing each other and looking out for each other. She takes such incredibly good care of him, and for that I am most grateful.

Anyhow, I wanted to have a card ready to go, no excuses.

love-owls They are both nature lovers, so the stamp I used was the Owls stamp from the Taylored Expressions Animals in Love series of stamps a la carte, cutting it out and mounting it on a plain white circle. The patterned paper is from the Hopscotch 6x6 pad by Fancy Pants Designs. I ran the dark brown piece of cardstock through my Big Shot with the Woodgrain impression plate from PTI to mimic the tree.SSSC176

I used last week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #176 for the  layout. I meant to post this earlier in the week, but extensive dental surgery kinda got in the way. At least I got it photographed and posted before the next Sunday sketch goes up!

Have a great weekend, all!

CMsignature

No comments: