Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stamp therapy

This weekend I’m using stamping as a means to take my mind off my mouth. Since I had 7 teeth extracted on Thursday, and am now trying to adjust to a mouthful of plastic (interim partial dentures), eating, drinking and talking are not very pleasant activities at the moment. Not so much painful, as very uncomfortable as my tongue tries to figure out where it’s supposed to go without bumping into and rubbing against the foreign objects in my mouth. OK, maybe that was TMI.

Anyhow, stamping doesn’t use my mouth. Hence, the stamping therapy. I made this last night, but couldn’t photograph it until I could get some sunlight today. This week’s Deconstructed Sketch Challenge #86 looked like fun, but I’m not big on square cards, so here’s my take on it:

party-bear The patterned paper is from an older My Mind’s Eye pad called True Blue from their Fine & Dandy line (or maybe it’s the other way around). The stamps are from 2 different Lawn Fawn sets – the bear is from Pa-Rum-Pa-Pum-Pum (yes, it’s supposed to be a Christmas set, but I’ve used it for everything but that since I’ve had it). I added the party hat with a Copic Multiliner pen and colored it with Copic Markers. The words are from another Lawn Fawn set called Just My Type, Too.

We’ll see what today brings. Maybe more stamping, maybe just curling up on the sofa in front of the TV.

Have a great Sunday!

CMsignature

3 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this is so sweet!!! Love and wish I still had some of that DP! I'm jealous...lol

Sorry to hear about your mouth troubles. It'll get better, I'm sure! Good luck!

Jen Shults said...

This is seriously adorable! I love the papers you've used on this... so perfect for a little boy! Thanks for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Fun card, Carolyn! :)