Friday, December 12, 2008

So excited!!!

Wow! A few days ago Taylor VanBruggen (of Taylored Expressions) contacted me about a card I had made and posted on SCS using her sweet cupcake stamps from Stamp a Sweet Impression (SASI). It was this one, which I had also posted on my blog a couple of weeks ago. And she asked me to be this week's Friday Friend on the SASI blog. Wow, what an honor! I created another card using her Season's Sweetings set for the occasion. So hop on over there and check out my interview and catch my 5 minutes of blog fame!

I had been hoarding this one piece of Heidi Grace paper since last year. It's so scrumptious — the background is shimmery, and the design is flocked. And it went perfectly with this little holly cupcake, so how could I resist? The sentiment is stamped on a piece of white satin ribbon that I scavenged from a gift (couldn't let it go to waste, could I?). The top of the cupcake is covered with Candlelight Shimmerz to give it a vanilla glow, and the cherry on top has red Stickles. You can't see it too well in the picture, but I also gave the holly leaves a dusting of shimmer with my clear Spica pen.

Oh, and check me out! I'm finally getting the hang of the airbrush system for my Copic markers. After I've wasted practically the whole can of air trying to get it right.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Woohoooo! Congratulations Carolyn! What an honor!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Congratulations on being Our Friday Friend! :o) Love the card... the airbrushed frame looks wonderful with the cute image. TFS!