Monday, January 12, 2009

DT Challenge!

This month I challenged the i {heart} papers design team to create a Valentine's Day card (or project) for someone other than a significant other.

Inspired by a sketch on Clean & Simple Stamping, I came up with this cutie for a friend. I'm loving the Sweet Hearts set by Impression Obsession. I'm also loving the Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper (yes, Kate does still have a few of the 6x6 pads left!). This particular sheet goes really well with SU's Riding Hood Red and Soft Sky (yes, it's last year's color, but this year's Baja Breeze would work just as well).

For the main image I used my Oval Nestabilities and colored with Copics, and to add a little detail (it's all about the details, isn't it?) I whipped out my Ranger Glossy Accents for the hearts, and Matte Accents for the flower pot. When I first heard of the Matte Accents, I couldn't imagine what I would use it for. But it really does give some nice dimension to things that you wouldn't necessarily want to be shiny. Oh, and a little birdie told me that Kate might be carrying both of these at i {heart} papers soon!

I know that Kate has taken the challenge, but I'm not sure who else on the team has (or what time they might be posting it), so you'll have to go and check them all — several times today. Or you can just subscribe to all of our blogs so you'll never miss anything!


7 comments:

Cathleen said...

Carolyn, This is so cute, love the paper and the great image! Thanks for hosting this months challenge!

Deb said...

Hey Carolyn!

LOVE your card! I love this image and just got a pack of this fabulous paper myself! So cool w/ the glossy hearts and pot!

What's with blogger lately?! I had such a hard time getting it to save my post! Finally, after about half an hour of trying to save, I got it to load!

whoistracy said...

Great card Carolyn! You are tempting me to buy that stamp set.

Kendra said...

Ohhhh...what a great card! I love how you did the hearts.

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I really like the colors and the coloring is wonderful!

LorettaL said...

Oh Carolyn! This is classic elegance. Makes me think of art deco hollywood glam!

Lori said...

Thanks for a fun challenge! Love your card--this is one of my favorite paper combinations.