Friday, January 30, 2009

i {heart} my friends


What is it they say? Friends are the family you give yourself. Now there's absolutely nothing wrong with my family; I must say that my family is probably the most "normal," (practically) drama-free family I know of, and I adore them all. My daughters consider us a boring family. Hey, I'll take boring any day!

But my friends bring an entirely different element into my life. Many different elements, actually. And for them I am immensely grateful. So ladies, you know who you are — this one's for you!

The patterned paper, stamps and some of the other supplies I used are available at i {heart} papers. Kate ships quickly, so you still have time to order for Valentine's Day. And she has a lot of stuff on sale right now!

I'm not sure what, but something is missing from this card. It felt unfinished, somehow, so I added an aura of pale yellow around the bouquet, and then I added some Shimmerz on the cone and leaves, and I covered the hearts with Glossy Accents. Still, it's missing something. I think it needs some kind of something in the lower right corner, but I don't know what. Oh well.... Any ideas?

What I used:
Stamps: Sweet Hearts (Impression Obsession)
Ink: Palette Noir, Copic markers
Paper: PTI White; SU!
Cool Caribbean, Regal Rose, So Saffron; Basic Grey Urban Prairie
Other: Nestabilities, Ranger Glossy Accents, Candle Light Shimmerz, SU! circle and scalloped circle punches



2 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Maybe 3 brads or 3 of something else?

Anonymous said...

Carolyn - this is a beautiful card!!! I know your friends will love it!!!

BTW - I attached the acetate box with small Sticky Stripes - they hold it together perfectly!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~