Interestingly, the rules for this award require me to list 5 of my obsessions. If you're a dedicated reader of my blog, you know that obsessiveness is the curse of my Scorpio-hood (Scorpio-ness? Scorpio-tude?) Hmmm. How to limit it to just 5...
OK, current obsessions:
- Obviously, papercrafting stuff. I've long been obsessed with beautiful papers, but now have come to include such things as ribbons, stamps and bling in my hoarding habits.
- On a related note, but enough to warrant their own number, are Copic markers. I'm slowly building my collection, and will be attending a Copic Certification class next month. I'm so excited!
- Cupcakes. Anything to do with cupcakes. 'Nuf said.
- Spelling and grammar. I am blessed/cursed with the ability to spot a typo or grammatical error a mile away and have been known to take a red pen to notices posted on the walls of my workplace. Fortunately, at least my boss appreciates this particular obsession.
- Days of Our Lives. Don't shoot me! I know it's one of the cheesiest soap operas around, and I never intended to get sucked into it. I used to keep the TV on for background noise after I watched the Today show and Ellen when I was home (unemployed), and all of a sudden I realized I was starting to care about the characters and story lines. I DVR it every day. (Isn't it interesting how "DVR" has become a verb?) Ahhhh, the DVR. I think I'll save that obsession for another day...
- Jannie (aka Chicken Girl), my fabulous soon-to-be daughter-in-law. She's an uber-talented illustrator, and I'm gently trying to drag her into the world of stamping.
- Debbie Olson, whose blog I am only too happy to "click through" in my Google Reader to see her wonderful designs.
- The 3 ladies who comprise Clean&Simple Stamping. I've just recently discovered this one and have come to rely on Harriet, Natasha and Becky for inspiration.
- Marianne, at I Like Markers. She gives me my "fix" of Copic marker techniques and has in large part contributed to my current obsession with the things.
- Nichole Heady of Papertrey Ink, whose talent makes me love/hate her with every fiber of my being. I wish I had the amount of creativity she has in her pinky nail. I wanna BE her when I grow up! Maybe in my next life...