Saturday, June 27, 2009

Daniela's Shower

My daughters left for Italy last night to attend the wedding of their friend Daniela. Lucky girls (and their "posse") will be spending 2 weeks in a beach town called Sperlonga, making side trips to Rome, Florence, and other places I will hopefully see someday myself (come on, Publishers Clearing House!).

The bridal shower was held earlier this month at a gorgeous restaurant in lower Manhattan, and I was drafted (not unwillingly) to make the cake and help my daughter with the favors, which were cookies shaped like little wedding cakes.

This was the cake. It was a yellow butter cake filled with Cannoli Cream filling. It's covered with buttercream. The pearls around the base of the tiers are made of fondant, and the flowers (detail below) are made from sugar paste. Oh, and this is the last cake I baked in my old oven, if you've seen the post from earlier this month. It was delicious, if I must say so myself!



No comments: