Friday, June 5, 2009

If you think these CUPCAKES are depressed…

busted I just had to shell out $500 for a new oven! Yup, last night my oven just up and died on me. I’m not really sure what happened, but at least it waited until after I had baked the 4 layers I needed for tomorrow’s bridal shower cake! I had some leftover batter, so I threw it into a cupcake pan and figured I’d bring them into work today. When I went to get them out, I found them like this. So sad. There was a metal wire/cable thingie dangling from the roof of the oven, with it’s end stuck in one of the cupcakes. See the third one in the top row? That’s where the wire was stuck.

I don’t know exactly how old the oven is, since it was here when I bought the apartment. But if I go by the revision date on the manual (1988), this baby has put in it’s 20 years and is ready for retirement. No sense in trying to fix it. And yes, that is an old and well-loved muffin pan.

Anyhow, just thought I’d share my misery with all of you. I’ve been busy all week doing the prep work for this cake, but I’ll post a picture of the finished cake tomorrow night.

Carolyn

No comments: