Sunday, May 31, 2009

It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Bling

I love the Clean & Simple style of cardmaking that has come into such favor lately, and I've always been a fan of the asymmetrical look. So when I was looking through the CAS gallery on SCS today, sketch CAS13 really grabbed me.

I've been wanting to get more use out of the gorgeous Wisteria line of papers that I got from Kate at i {heart} papers, and I've had this purple and sage color scheme in my head for a couple of weeks now. And so....

And of course, we had to have some bling! I used some of the awesome Zva Creative rhinestones that Kate carries. The cool thing about these is that even though they come in pretty, pre-designed shapes, you can cut them apart and use them however you like. I cut one of the swirly shapes into a few pieces for this. I find that using my paper piercing tool to move and place the adhesive strips of stones is very helpful.

What I used:
Stamps: All Occasions Messages
Ink: SU Elegant Eggplant
Paper: PTI White, Basic Grey Wisteria
Other: Zva Creative bling, circle punch, MS butterfly punch


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

I love my poker tool of death for bling too! And glue dots! And piercing holes in my fingers.

Cathleen said...

Oh Wow Carolyn, this is awesome, love the circle and the pretty butterfly!