Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

dad-mosaic-birthday I was looking through the SCS gallery for inspiration for a birthday card for my dad when I ran across this gorgeous card made by Susan. I loved how she used a variation of the Serendipity technique to make her focal panel, and how she them embossed it in the Cuttlebug, so I pretty much CASE’d her card. I used different colors, and left off some of her layers and details, but I think my dad will love it.

Now, one of the things I {heart} about paper collections is that I don’t have to think about what goes with what. It’s all been done for me already! I knew that the Blue Awning collection had lots of masculine colors, so I went with that. I got mine from Kate at i {heart} papers, but I see she’s out of it at the moment. If you want some, e-mail her and she’ll try to get more of it. I already had scraps of most of the papers, so cutting them up into little pieces was not a problem. Gluing them all down with glue stick, however, was kinda messy!

On a side note, I think I’m gonna have to iron [shudder] the insert in my photo box. That crease in the bottom is starting to annoy me.

What I used:
Stamps: Birthday Basics (PTI)
Ink: Night of Navy (SU)
Paper: Blue Awning Collection DP (K & Co), River Rock, Night of Navy, Brushed Copper (SU)
Other: Cuttlebug Mosaic embossing folder

Carolyn

1 comment:

Cathleen said...

Wow! This is awesome, lobe the fantastic colors...what a great card!