Tuesday, July 28, 2009

IHP Challenge: Wide Ribbon (oh, and a contest!)

Now, I love ribbon as much as anyone else. I’ve been accused of being a ribbon junkie (and worse). But wide ribbon has always been a bit of a challenge for me, so when the i {heart} papers Design Team came up with this month’s challenge of using wide ribbon, it struck a little bit of fear into my heart. Until I came up with this:

wide-ribbon-rose-bo

Is that not the most delicious looking ribbon? It’s hard to tell, but the ribbon is satin in the center, and sheer on the edges. This whole card makes me think of chocolate covered cherries (but that’s just my warped mind).

That bow is deceptively simple. It’s really 2 pieces of ribbon. The back one is just a straight piece, notched at the ends. The looped part is just that – a loop of ribbon adhered with a bit of Mono Multi glue. All I did to make the bow was put the loop on top of the notched piece, gather it up in the center with my fingers, and wrapped the 3 wired rose buds around the two pieces to hold them together! Once they are wrapped, it’s very easy to adjust the individual pieces to make them even. The whole thing is attached to the card with a couple of glue dots. How simple is that?!!!

Of course we’d like you to join the challenge with us, but this month we’re stepping it up a bit. Our Challenge Coordinator, Deb Felts, has decided to make a CONTEST out of this month’s challenge. Go to her blog to get all the details. There’s a mighty fine prize involved! And check out the rest of the design team to see who rose to the challenge.

What I used:
Stamps: Flowers For You
Ink: Palette Noir, Copic markers
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, PTI White
Other: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug embossing folder, 1-1/2” Brown Satin-center ribbon, Wire-stemmed flowers

5 comments:

Cathleen said...

Holy Cow Wow! This is just beautiful! I just adore the way you did the ribbon and I love the rich colors...fantastic!

Deb said...

Ooooh, what a clever idea! I love this ribbon (I have some in silver), and I really love what you did w/ the center! This is just gorgeous! And I agree...this color combo is YUMMY!

Lori said...

I must have a warped mind too because I thought of chocolate covered cherries as well! Love you card, it's absolutely gorgeous.

i {heart} papers said...

WOW!!! So pretty!!

whoistracy said...

This is fantastic!! I love the simple layout. It really showcases that fantastic bow.