Saturday, July 25, 2009

Variations on a Theme

I find so much inspiration in the (over 300) blogs that I follow in my Google Reader, and so when I stumbled across this blog entry by Tracy, I couldn’t wait to sit down and make a couple of these cards myself.

topnote-butterfly-wisteria topnote-butterfly-marrakech

They are obviously made the exact same way, using a different assortment of papers and accessories for each. The patterned papers, available at i {heart} papers, are from the Wisteria and Marrakech 6” pads by Basic Grey, respectively. The top card uses some adhesive pearls and a greeting from the Happy Greetings stamp set, and the bottom one some adhesive Zva bling dots.

The Top Note die and butterfly die are from Stampin’ Up!, as is the ribbon, the solid cardstock, and the rub-on I used for the blue card.

These cards are a great way to use up those scraps of patterned paper that I know you have laying around. I cut mine 1-1/4” wide, if you’re interested in trying it yourself. I adhered them to a piece of lightweight cardstock and then ran them through the machine with the die. 6” strips of paper will provide you with enough for 2 of these pieces. Then I trimmed them and adhered them to a solid die-cut shape, and tied it up with a ribbon. There may be another way of doing this, but that’s how I did mine.

Hope your day is full of inspiration!

CMsignature

No comments: