Sunday, August 1, 2010

Purple Fuzzy Monster

I had such a great time in Chicago this past week at CHA. Sure, it’s fun seeing all the new lines and products coming out (and getting free samples), but for me the best part is seeing all the old and new friends that I’ve made through this wonderful world of paper crafting. I wish we didn’t have to wait for these events to get together!

Anyway, while walking the show floor with the i {heart} papers gang, Jannie Ho (creator of Chicken Girl Design stamps) and I stopped at the Our Craft Lounge booth where she was introduced to Sparkly Fluff. I got a sudden inspiration to use one of her monster images with some Sparkly Fluff, and it was the first thing I stamped when I got home. I present to you the Purple Fuzzy Monster. How cute is that?!!!

hairy-bday

Here’s a closeup of the monster:
hairy-bday-closeup

The image is from one of her first sets, Silly Monsters, which is available (and on sale!) in clear stamps, since it was before her line went digital. I colored it with Copic markers before applying the Sparkly Fluff, and added large drops of Glossy Accents to the eyes. I used black cardstock as a base and to mat all the layers. The patterned papers are from S.E.I.’s Black Orchid and Bridgeport lines. I used the Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge #291 for the layout. 

I have a vague memory from early childhood of being afraid of a Fuzzy Monster. Or maybe it was my brother. It was many, many moons ago, and you know how memories get warped over time. Anyhow, I don’t think anyone could have nightmares from this cute fella!

Sweet dreams!

CMsignature

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ooo he is cute Carolyn! I got a pot of sparkly fluff (blue I think) and you've inspired me to pull it out and give it a try!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Love that fluff stuff...I'm still very intrigued!

Cathleen said...

Hi Carolyn, could you please send me your addy, so I can mail your goodies to you, I thought I had it, but can't find it.

LorettaL said...

Fun, fun card, Carolyn!!! The sparkle fluff is perfect!