Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Moonrise Birthday

I wanted to share a card I made with a snippet of the gorgeous paper from S.E.I.’s Moonrise collection. I made this for my wonderful daughter – it’s classic and beautiful, with just the right amount of dazzle, just like her. Love you, Laila!

lailaBD10  The layout and the idea for the debossed rose in the corner are from one of the recent PaperCrafts magazines (always full of inspiration), but I can’t remember offhand which one. The crochet trim is from my stash – it used to be white, but I dyed some of it in coffee a while back so I’d have ecru.

Between the vintage elegance of the lace, the modern lines and glimmer of the foil in the delicious paper, and the texture from the debossing (SU! embossing folder), it really does have a very clean and simple complexity to it (how’s that for an oxymoron?).

I’ll keep this short and sweet – and hopefully be back later in the week with more cards I made with this yummy paper.

CMsignature

3 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a beautiful and elegant card this is!

Unknown said...

So this is a complete shot in the dark... But, there was a card that you created, a wedding invitation, on cards and pockets' facebook. I am looking for a stamp exactly like the one on the invitation. I was wondering if you knew where you bought or most likely bought the stamp. The link to the invitation is here: Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5684464&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=129938844586&aid=-1&id=734395850&oid=129938844586&fbid=419910135850

Carolyn Mustopa said...

Mary Beth, since I don't know how to contact you otherwise, I hope you're checking back here for an answer. The stamps on that invitation were from Papertrey Ink: Fancy Flourishes. It's actually a pair of stamps, left and right facing.