Sunday, December 19, 2010

For the love of a dog…

This is how I spent my afternoon today. I’m home with a miserable cold, and had to stop to sit down several times throughout the process, but it’s the holidays, and some things just need to be done. There’s no shortage of puppy treats and gifts available online, but there’s nothing like something from Grandma’s kitchen, right?

doggie-treats

So while everybody else was home baking holiday cookies, I made doggy biscuit treats for my grandpuppy, Sugar. And a few for my brother’s dog, Rusty, too. I am THAT crazy lady who went and bought the cookie cutters in 2 sizes!

In case anyone is interested, the recipe was from the King Arthur's Flour blog. Very easy, and you probably have all (or most) of the stuff in your kitchen already. I actually had to go out and buy a new jar of peanut butter because it’s been so long since I’ve used the real stuff that it had gone rancid in the cabinet!

Counting down… Is anybody less ready than I am?

CMsignature

1 comment:

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

haha! I love that you made goodies for Sugar and Rusty! Lucky doggies!