Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hi, my name is Piper, and I’ll be your date tonight (aka IHP December DT Challenge)

piper-gownThis month’s IHP Design Team challenge was to make something inspired by fancy fashion. I found a vintage glittery white dress online and decided to dress up a champagne bottle for a festive occasion. You can see the dress below.

I created a simple pattern first with plain paper, so as notglitter gown to waste my precious supplies. Once I knew what my goal was, it only took about 15 minutes to get it done. But oh, the days I spent trying to get to that point! As Kate, says, that’s why they call it a challenge!

The glittery white paper is from the Petaloo glitter pad. Kate has a few different assortments in the store. I punched 6 holes down the sides of the “bodice” and ran some white Glimmer Ribbon through it, looping it over the neck of the bottle and tying it in the back. Then I took a piece of burgundy crepe ribbon and wrapped it around from the front to the back and then to the front again, tying it there. Did that make sense? I actually fed the ribbon first through a couple of the holes on the sides to keep it in place, then did the wrapping and tying. Clear as mud, right?

Anyhow, hope you feel a little inspired yourself! Wouldn’t this be a great way to present a bottle of bubbly this New Year’s Eve? If you want to post your own version of a fashion inspired project, make sure you use the keyword “ihp1210” in the SCS or PCP gallery so we can find it.

Now go take a look at what the rest of the design team came up with:

Cathleen
Deb
Gretchen
Kendra
Loretta
Lori
Lynn
Megan
Tracy
Kate

Have a sparkly day!

CMsignature

10 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Carolyn...this is such a beautiful way to "dress up" a liquid libation gift. Such great creativity! Awesome job.

Megan said...

Fun glitteriness! Another red and white color combo that is just perfect for the season!

LorettaL said...

GORGEOUS, Carolyn!!!

i {heart} papers said...

Clever, clever!

Deb said...

Oooh! Love this Carolyn! Sparkling gorgeous inside and out!

Cathleen said...

How cute is this! I love your sparkly dress, what a fun idea!

Kendra said...

What a fun idea ~ very cute.

Lori said...

What a creative idea! Love the sparkly dress!

whoistracy said...

This is so pretty Carolyn! You should have taken a photo of the lacing, I bet it looks great in person!

Gretchen said...

Fun, fun Carolyn! Love that glitery paper!