Friday, January 7, 2011

Inspired by…

This week’s Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger was right up my alley, and I knew as soon as I had a chance I was gonna use this gorgeous cake as the inspiration for a card.

Embroidered Lace and Appliqued Wedding Cake from Martha Stewart Living

Look at this cake:
I decided that it would be really cool if I used my new Cricut Cake to make a card based on this inspiration. I love the fact that my two passions have collided on so many levels. I have used many paper crafting tools in cake decorating, and now I can use my Cricut Cake to cut paper for a card! I used the Elegant Cakes cartridge and some SU Shimmery White cardstock. Here’s the results:

moxiefab-whiteonwhiteIt was impossible to get a really good shot of this card. You can’t see the shimmer of the paper; it’s really beautiful in person. And of course I had to add some butterflies (Martha punch) and some pearls to finish it off. 

I love how it came out! I’m sure you’ll be seeing more Cricut creations in the near future.

CMsignature

 

2 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! Love the cricut cuts you used!! Great job with the Winter White Tuesday Trigger! ♥♥♥

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Carolyn! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)