Saturday, January 8, 2011

Puppy Love

I think I’m gonna send this card to my daughter and son-in-law for Valentine’s Day from their puppy, Sugar. (I’ll have to move quickly to delete it from Facebook when it automatically loads there so she doesn’t see it beforehand ---shhhhh.)

sugar-valentine I used Pat the Good Dog, a cutie OCL set that I just got from i {heart} papers, and I used the OCL Color Challenge of red, black and kraft, too. I made my own patterned paper with the border stamp in the set, and colored it, and the dog, with my Copic markers. Everything is stamped with Memento Cocoa ink.

The XOXOXO in the bone is from an old Hero Arts set, but any number of sentiments would fit in there. I used my Bow Easy to make a double bow from some black & white gingham ribbon in my stash.

I’ve got some more Valentines done too – but I’ll save them for another day.

CMsignature

7 comments:

Tammie Edgerton said...

Too cute! I just love that you're sending it to them them from Sugar. It's sure to bring a smile!

Joy said...

Very very cute! :)

Barbara Moore said...

Absolutely adorable!

Bev Gerard said...

This is just darling, Carolyn!
Delightfully colored ... and the stamped background adds such fun!

~Bev

Paper Crafts Editor said...

What a cute card! Thanks for posting on our Facebook wall -- we certainly understand the need for some caffeine in the morning! Keep posting on our Facebook page, blog, or Website , we love hearing from readers like you!

www.papercraftsconnection.com
www.papercraftsmag.com

Kendra said...

Fabulous card Carolyn ~ I love it! Thanks so much for playing along on the OCL Color Challenge!

Lori said...

This is just too cute, Carolyn! Love the patterned paper you made.