Saturday, October 6, 2012

World Card Making Day (Part 2)

I’m back again with my take on the Color Challenge part of the i {heart} papers WCMD festivities. For my Sketch Challenge card, you can scroll down or click here. And make sure you check out the IHP Blog for all the details on the challenges (which can win you a gift certificate!) and the SALE!

WCMD12-color I love making holiday cards in non-traditional colors, and when I won this Peace & Joy set from Flourishes, my first thought was how awesome it would look embossed in gold. So I figured I would use today’s color challenge to make a lovely, beachy-colored card suitable for the holidays. This is the color inspiration that our fearless Challenge Coordinator, Deb, came up with:
ShellTones

As I said, I gold-embossed the stamp on cream cardstock, and then I randomly colored the letters with blotches of E31, W4, and BG02 Copic markers. I used BG93 for the leaves. I mounted it onto a piece of aqua cardstock that I had embossed with one of the folders from the Whimsy set from Lifestyle Crafts. I mounted it all onto a kraft card base, and wrapped some of this gorgeous satin reversible ribbon around it. Then I made a bow with my Bow Easy (seriously, the only way I can make a bow any more) and stuck it on.

The stamps, ribbon, embossing folder, and more, are all available at i {heart} papers, and for 20% OFF right now if you use the code WCMD2012IHP through Tuesday, 10/9.

I suppose I should get dressed and enjoy what might be one of the last warm days of the year (almost 80 degrees!) instead of staying inside and playing. We’ll see…

CMsignature

No comments: