Saturday, October 6, 2012

World Card Making Day (Part 3!)

IHPbutterflylWCMDWow, I’m on a roll! Nothing like a good excuse to stay in and play with paper all day!

This is another take on the IHP Color Challenge in honor of today’s holiday. Check out all the details on the IHP blog.

For this one I went with more of a light blue than an aqua color. And because I wanted to use the Tessatina border die, I needed to make it larger than a standard A2 size – this one is A6 (roughly 4 1/2” x 6 1/2”). This was NOT a quick card to make because of what I wanted to do with that die. I had to cut out the space in the kraft layer so the design would show through – that was the easy part. In order to get the inside lattice part to adhere, I ran my ATG adhesive down it a couple of times on the back, and then once it was adhered, I had to go over the whole thing with a gum eraser to pick up all the adhesive that was showing through. Tedious at best. I need to find a better way to do that if I want to try this again. Or maybe pick up the Piestra Tile die, which will not give me the same issues.

Anyhow. I used the Memory Box Vivienne butterfly die twice, once in kraft and once in brown, and adhered them together only down the middle so I could pull the top wings up. The body is cut in brown and glued on top. The sentiment, from the Hero Arts set Good Friends, is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink.

OK, now I really need to get dressed so I can at least go down and check the mail – I think there’s a goodie package from IHP waiting for me!

CMsignature

No comments: