Saturday, February 6, 2010

Inspired by a Crate & Barrel Ad!

C&Binspired This card was inspired by a banner ad for Crate & Barrel that keeps showing up on my webmail page. I thought the color combination was so fresh and modern, and I’ve been meaning to use it myself. The ad shows this room:

CitySectionalJB10

For the colors, I used Papertrey’s Smokey Shadow and Spring Moss, and SU!’s Tempting Turquoise (Note to Nichole: please come out with a PTI turquoise!) The stamps used were PTI’s Background Basics Text Style and Fancy Flourishes. I used the new SU! flower punch, and the glazed brad is from the Basic Grey Urban Prairie collection.

sfytt020610The layout I used for the card is this week’s SFYTT from Jen’s blog. I love her sketch challenges, and I’m so glad she’s back!

I hope to get some more stamping done this weekend, but the fact is that I have a lot of cleaning and laundry to do. We didn’t get much snow here in Brooklyn, but I’m not inclined to go outside unless it’s absolutely necessary!

CMsignature