Sunday, April 25, 2010

April PTI Blog Hop – Tissue Paper

bloghoplogo This month’s theme for the PTI Blog Hop was to use tissue paper. Well, PTI stamp sets come wrapped in tissue paper, and I just so happened to have the paper from my latest order handy. I knew I wanted to make a flower from it, and I wanted to use some the new Dotty Biscotti paper. I almost never use Kraft cardstock, and I think I bought that paper to force myself to use it more.

PTIbloghopApril10

I folded a piece of the tissue paper up to get a bunch of layers (10-12) and ran it through my Big Shot with the larger PTI Dahlia die. Then I took my Copic airbrush and RV25 marker and tinted the pieces, concentrating on the outer edges and leaving the centers lighter. I poked a hole in the center and held them together with a rhinestone brad, and then scrunched and fluffed them up a layer at a time, from the top downward. Here’s a closeup:

PTIApril10closeup

Of course I had to add some more bling to complement the flower center, so I punched out a few butterflies with a Martha punch and added some rhinestones to them.

The layout was inspired by one of the sketches in the new PaperCrafts Go-to Sketches magazine (p.144), but specifically by Kimberly Crawford’s card on p. 145. What a treasure that issue is—so full of inspiration!

What I used: (All PTI unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Signature Greetings
Ink: True Black
Paper: Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Dotty Biscotti
Other: Rhinestone brad (SU!), clear rhinestones (Hero Arts), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)

The Hop starts at 8:00 tonight, and I can’t wait to hop around and see what all the other fabulous stampers did with this month’s challenge!

CMsignature

44 comments:

Lauren said...

Simply gorgeous!!! Love that color!!!!!

Anika said...

Love the bright color! That Dotty Biscotti Paper is awesome!!

Lindsay said...

Love this paper and I love your card!

Jen Carter said...

Love that flower paired with that paper! Very pretty!

Erica said...

Beautiful card!

Dana said...

Carolyn this is really stunning. I love the airbrushed flower, it looks so realistic! You should use kraft more often for sure!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the polka dot background! I hardle ever use kraft, you did great with it!

Marge said...

WOW, fabulous card!!!

Mariana said...

What a stunning card! I really love your flower and all the kraft goodness!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun bling accents and great color. Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Dana said...

aw i love the layout and colors. great job

Nerina said...

GORGEOUS colour combination! Love the poofy flower you created too!

peggysue said...

That flower looks great with the dotty biscotti paper!

~kelly marie~ said...

Beautiful flower!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card with that lovely fluffy flower!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous!! Love those colors!

Unknown said...

WOW! That's so pretty!!! Gorgeous choice of colors, and that big beautiful flower is just delish!!

Melissa said...

So pretty! Love your big fluffy flower! I also used this paper for my blog hop project!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a STUNNING card! That flower is over the top gorgeous, and I'm loving the Dotty Biscotti and the butterflies; just PERFECT!

Deb C said...

Super pretty! I need to get an airbrush for my Copic.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Kelly S. said...

The colors are amazing on this! Such an awesome layout and the butterflies and gorgeous bloom make this over the top fabulous!

Chris Simon said...

Oh my. This is amazing! All of the pink works so well, with the Dotty Biscotti tying it all together. Your flower is superb!

BethieJ said...

I LOVE this... It turned out BEAUTIFUL!
Happy Hopping!

Shay said...

Talk about a fabulous card! Lovely colors and so much visual punch! Your tissue paper flower is a delight!

Lorraine said...

Love your card! So stunning!

Teresa said...

Your card is awesome! Love the pink with the kraft. Beautiful flower too!

Kim said...

I love the airbrushing you did on the flower!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous!! Love the butterflies and the Dotty Bis!!

Rebecca said...

Love the bright, fun color. Nice job!

Janelle said...

Such a pretty card -- love that flower with the dotty biscotti!

Kerri said...

Gorgeous card!!! I LOVE your flower!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card!!! The air-brushing idea is awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

Katie said...

Now why didn't I think of that...airbrushing the color on. You can bet I'll be playing with that idea soon! And by the way...Kraft is one of my most favorite neutrals and I have to force myself to NOT use it on every card!

Amy Kolling said...

I want to see this card in real life!!!! It is absolutely stunning but then I LOVE pink! The addition of the butterflies was genius and that paper flower?? the dahlia dies...why didn't I think of this?? hehe

Karli said...

I think I bought this paper to force me to use Kraft more often too (hee! Hee!) your card is STUNNING! I luuuuuv that you airbrushed the flower! Yay! Another way to use my ABS! TFS :)

Cammie said...

BEAUTIFUL! I am going to use my dahlia die for my next tissue flower.

Theresa Tyree said...

Me too! I have that dahlia die! I can't wait to try this!!!

Linda W said...

Beautiful! Love that bling!!

Rebecca said...

BEAUTIFUL! its the perfect layout for showing off that perfect flower!

Pam W. said...

Simply gorgeous.

Maren said...

Gorgeous! That flower is amazing!! :) Beautiful colors too!
Thank you for sharing,
Maren
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Taheerah said...

Wow this flower is *awesome* - I really might CASE it!!

Lori said...

Fabulous color combination! The pink flower just pops against the kraft.