Saturday, April 24, 2010

Wedding Invites

I just finished up an order of wedding invitations for a super-sweet couple whose guest list kept growing and growing! We started out at 150 and ended up at 190. That’s 190 invitations, folks — not guests. So yeah, I’ve been busy! I do love working with couples on their invitations, though. There’s something really special about making their vision come to life and having a small part in such a special occasion.

CWinvite-closedAnyhow, here’s the outside. I used Vertico pocket folds from cardsandpockets.com in Champagne. This is the equivalent of Stardream Opal, if you’re familiar with that. The monogram seal was done with circle punches. TIP: I printed the monograms in the cutting borders of the invitation panels to cut down on waste.

This is the invitation opened up. All printing was done on 80# Creamery Felt cardstock, so it has a lovely texture  that contrasts nicely with the smooth shimmer of the pocket fold.

CWinvite-open The flourish is stamped with Papertrey’s Fancy Flourishes stamps in Brilliance Platinum Planet, which is a shimmery pigment ink that matches the outside of the invitation perfectly. Here’s a close-up:

CWinvite-closeup In case anyone is wondering, I do my invitation layouts with Adobe InDesign. If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I’ll do my best to answer.

I hope Christine and William don’t end up spending this whole beautiful day inside addressing and stuffing envelopes. Tomorrow it’s gonna rain!

CMsignature

2 comments:

Cathleen said...

Oh My Gosh Carolyn, these are exquisite! I love the elegant design! Wow! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
Suzanne