Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

YJ-anniversary1

Today is my son and daughter-in-law’s first wedding anniversary. I’m gonna assume that this card will be getting there on time today, so I’ll go ahead and post it here. My kids seem to have a talent for adding awesome people to our family, and I feel so blessed that they are all so happy.

Anyhow, these two lovebirds (on the card, I mean) were made with the SU! punch and my SEI Claire 6x6 paper pad. The card is full of texture – the cream center piece, cut with the Labels 4 Nestabilities, is some of the luscious velvet paper from the matching Claire Velvet Paper assortment. See, it cuts like a dream, and you can stamp on it! And the Claire patterned paper has some gorgeous foiled designs in it, adding even more texture. The anniversary greeting is from the oh-so-versatile Hero Arts set Everyday Sayings.

cutting-cakeAnd because I can’t help revisiting that wonderful day a year ago, here’s a picture of the real lovebirds cutting their Chicken Wedding Cake. (If you want to see more about the cake, go back and see this entry.)

I can’t believe it was a whole year ago, and I’m so excited that I’ll be visiting them next month for Mother’s Day. I miss them since they moved to Michigan!

Oh, and happy Tax Day, everybody!

CMsignature

No comments: