Monday, April 5, 2010

Just Sailing By…

sailing-by-gts When I finally got my hands on the new Paper Crafts Go-to Sketches magazine last week and saw the sketch on p. 68, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it! This super-adorable digi-stamp from Chicken Girl Design was just made for this sketch!

I printed it out on some of the new medium-weight Copic cardstock that Kate is carrying at i {heart} papers, as well as on some Brocade Blue. With digital stamps and MS Word (or most any other program that handles graphics files), it’s easy to use the cropping function to print only selected parts of the images.

The little scene is colored with Copic markers, which I unfortunately put away before writing down the colors I used, and the background is airbrushed with Copics. The waves are the reverse cut made with my Big Scalloped Petite Nestabilities, the added bonus being that I now have a pretty scalloped piece of Brocade Blue waiting for another project.

I cut this card shorter than usual to accommodate the sun sticking up on top, so it’s actually 3-3/4” x 5-1/2”, and it will fit in a regular A2 envelope.

There are so many great sketches in that magazine – it’s sure to jumpstart anybody’s flagging mojo! Can’t wait to play more with it…

CMsignature

1 comment:

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Loved that you made the kitty a grey color!