Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hippity-Hoppity (variations on a theme)

When I saw this adorable Easter card by Julie Ebersole yesterday, I couldn’t stop myself from running out and picking up a Martha Stewart bunny punch of my own. I loved how she used the paper from Basic Grey’s Green At Heart for the ground, and I’ve been wanting to dig into that paper since I got it from i {heart} papers last week. I was turning her idea around in my head all night and then this morning I had a sort of vision of how I would adapt it to make it my own. 

easterbunny1 I’m so excited that it came out just as I had pictured it in my head! I’m sure you know how many times that just doesn’t happen. Now this is what I call clean and simple – accent on simple!

As I often do, I made two of the focal pieces at the same time, but on the second one I didn’t use the yellow circle for the sun. This card is a little more “fussy” but adorable too.

easterbunny2I love the look of the scalloped oval Nestabilities debossed on the white cardstock. The olive silk ribbon is wrapped around the front of the card and tied with gold cord. The sentiment is popped up on foam dots. And please forgive my yucky bow and ribbon ends – I seem to have misplaced my Bow Easy, and I definitely need to remember to use my Tim Holtz scissors for cutting ribbon.

Both cards use SU’s Bashful Blue for the oval and Papertrey’s white cardstock for the base. I outlined the punched bunny with a Copic marker (C0) and glued a little white pompom on for a tail. The best thing I’ve found for holding those little suckers on is the Inkssential Matte Accents.

Hope you like my take on Julie’s card. And if by some chance you’re reading this, Julie, thanks for the inspiration!

CMsignature

3 comments:

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

This is AWESOME! I love the idea of a scene in that Nestie. I might need that bunny punch.

Unknown said...

OMG you are not supposed to put new stuff up!!! I can't buy anything! :) great cards, as usual....xo

whoistracy said...

Oh this is just adorable!! I love both variations!